Beaphar WORMclear - Vet strength wormer for cats.
Beaphar WORMclear is a new, vet strength wormer for cats, available to buy at Scampers now.
- Simple, one dose treatment
- Kills Roundworms and Tapeworms
- Meaty flavour for easy administration
Beaphar WORMclear for cats kills roundworms and tapeworms. It can be used on cats and kittens from 6 weeks of age and is effective in one simple dose. Kittens should be treated every 14 days until 2-3 weeks after weaning. To remain worm free adult cats should be treated every 3 months and any sources of re-infestation such as fleas or mice should be removed.
Why is it important to worm my cat?
Just because you haven’t seen any worms, doesn’t mean they are not there. A heavy roundworm infestation in young animals can be more dangerous than an infestation in adults.
Worm eggs are everywhere. As soon as your pet ventures outside, you will not be able to prevent them becoming infected. As the days pass, the infection will grow, until your beloved pet has become a home to a whole host of wriggling, squirming disgustingness!
Can worms harm my cat?
Aside from being uncomfortable and irritating, worms can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, anaemia, weight loss and a general lack of condition. In more extreme cases, worms can have serious effects on a cat’s health including a prolapse, where the rectum slips out of place. This must be treated immediately, or it can be fatal.
What are the symptoms of worms?
- Pot Belly - A young kitten that is thin with a ‘pot belly’ is often described as a typical ‘wormy’ kitten.
- Coughing - Migrating larvae in the lungs may cause coughing, which can be an important symptom. These larvae may also travel through the liver, brain or other tissues.
- Young Kittens - In young kittens, roundworms may cause abdominal swelling and pain, weight loss, vomiting or diarrhoea, and on rare occasions, rupture of the bowel.
- Loss of Appetite - A heavy worm infestation might make your pet feel very bloated, leading to a loss of appetite.
- Hard to spot symptoms - Symptoms of worms are often hard to spot in both cats and dogs, making a regular worming regime important.
To keep your pets free from these nasty parasites, Scampers recommend you worm your cat or dog every 3 months.
What is the lifecycle of Roundworms?
If roundworms are left untreated, roundworms can be especially nasty, making their way through the intestines, before migrating into the blood and into the lungs, where they burrow through the lung wall.
Pop in and speak to a Scampers Pet Care Advisor about worming your kitten or cat using vet strength WormClear (same active ingredients as Drontal).
Scampers Natural Pet Store is located on the A142 Soham By Pass, between Ely and Newmarket and only 15 miles from Cambridge.
Scampers, Your Pet’s Natural Choice