The Wild Antler Co - 100% natural chew for dogs. We guarantee the antlers Scampers carry are Grade AA & A that are gathered every year after the deer naturally shed their antlers. Antlers are a great natural chew for dogs as they're high in natural minerals and nutrients, low in fat, great for elderly and young dogs (we recommend split for these) with weaker teeth, low odour, long lasting & great for dental hygiene.
Antlers chews make great natural chews for dogs, but just like any dog chew, bone or indeed toy, it is important to be careful and to ALWAYS supervise your dog.
- Our first tip when giving your dog an antler is always GO LARGE. You will notice that at Scampers we do not sell small antlers for dogs as we want to take away any risk that you may buy the wrong size. If you are unsure, speak to a Pet Care Advisor who will happily guide you to buy the right size.
- If you find any sharp edges on your dog’s antler, it’s easy to remove by rubbing the sharp edge with sandpaper, or any rough hard surface.
- Scampers recommend that you wash your antler before giving to your dogs and that you always supervise while they are chewing.
- Do not allow your dogs to chew all day on the antler, this could cause an upset tummy. If you see your dog trying to break the antler, we would suggest that maybe this is not the chew for them, it could damage their teeth.
- For puppies and the elderly dogs with more sensitive teeth, we advise giving split antlers, but again only under supervision.
When your dog’s antler becomes too small and fits easily into their mouths or splits in two, time to throw it away and pop in for a new one.
Scampers Natural Pet Store is located on the A142 Soham By Pass, between Ely and Newmarket and only 15 miles from Cambridge.
Scampers, Your Pet’s Natural Choice.