Love your Hug Rug..... keeping plastics out of the oceans and landfill.
From the outset Hug@Home has been created and developed to be as environmentally friendly as possible. From the sourcing of raw materials, the development of entirely new manufacturing processes, using cleaner/greener sources of electricity made by hydro pumps, windmill farms and solar, through to its eventual disposal and recycling – everything has been considered.
The use of recycled materials is big news at the moment but Hug Rug have been recycling cotton and plastic bottles for over 10 years! Hug Rug was designed to be sustainable and environmentally friendly from the outset. Hug Rug wanted to develop a product that took materials that would be thrown away and create a practical product that people would love.
The waste materials they use for hug rug include:
- millions of recycled cotton garments per year in the tufting – their philosophy is to reuse don’t abuse natural resources
- millions of recycled plastic bottles per year are used to create an extra tough membrane that bonds the tufts to the backing of the rug
- add over 100 tonnes of renewable rubber and post-industrial plastics into the rubber backing per year
- recycle millions of litres of water per year to run their Yorkshire mills.
Hug Rugs Trap up to 95% of dust, wet mud and dirt - meaning your pets can come in even with dirty paws.
- Recycled content – up to 90%
- Genuinely manufactured in the heart of Yorkshire
- 100% recyclable at end of life
- Ultra-absorbent – absorbs up to 3x its own weight in water
- Washable at 30°c
- Sustainable lifecycle
- 5-year manufacturer guarantee
- Hard wearing, non slip rubber backing with recycled content
My Rug is a beautifully soft, long pile rug that is stain resistant and washable. Designed to be used anywhere around the home and available in a range of on trend colours.
The Select range is suitable for all around the home, they'll keep your floors and conscience clean and they look great.
Hug Rug is the most environmentally friendly barrier mat available, they are ultra-absorbent, the special cotton fibres soak up moisture which reduces any slip hazards from wet floors that gets deep into the tread of shoes and paws.
We all love the environment, nature and wildlife but we want to keep it in its rightful place OUTSIDE! This is why at Scampers we use this indoor barrier mat by our front doors to keep it that way!
Scampers Natural Pet Store is open seven days a week and easy to find on the A142 Soham by-pass between Ely and Newmarket.
Scampers, Your Pet’s Natural Choice