WORMclear for Dogs
Beaphar WORMclear - Vet strength wormer for dogs Beaphar WORMclear is a new, vet strength wormer for dogs, available to buy at your local pet shop.
✔ Simple, one dose treatment
✔ Kills Roundworms and Tapeworms
✔ Meaty flavour for easy administration
WORMclear for Dogs
Beaphar WORMclear for dogs are pork flavoured tablets which kill roundworms and tapeworms. They can be used on dogs over the age of two weeks and weighing over 3kg and are effective in one simple dose. Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age and then every 14 days until 12 weeks old. Nursing bitches should be treated 2 weeks after birth and every two weeks until weaning. To remain worm free adult dogs should be treated every 3 months.
Why is it important to worm my dog?
Just because you haven’t seen any worms, doesn’t mean they are not there. A heavy roundworm infestation in young animals can be more dangerous than an infestation in adults.
Worm eggs are everywhere. As soon as your pet ventures outside, you will not be able to prevent them becoming infected. As the days pass, the infection will grow, until your beloved pet has become a home to a whole host of wriggling, squirming disgustingness!
Can worms harm my dog?
Worms can damage the gut, stunt growth, cause diarrhoea, dehydration, anaemia and put them off their food, leading to severe weight loss and a general lack of condition. They can also make your dog more susceptible to other diseases. In extreme cases, worms can even be fatal.
What are the symptoms of worms?
- Pot Belly - A young puppy that is thin with a ‘pot belly’ is often described as a typical ‘wormy’ puppy.
- Coughing - Migrating larvae in the lungs may cause coughing, which can be an important symptom. These larvae may also travel through the liver, brain or other tissues.
- Young Puppies - In young puppies, roundworms may cause abdominal swelling and pain, weight loss, vomiting or diarrhoea, and on rare occasions, rupture of the bowel.
- Loss of Appetite - A heavy worm infestation might make your pet feel very bloated, leading to a loss of appetite.
- Scooting - If your dog keeps ‘scooting’, (where it drags its bottom across the floor), or if your pet appears to be cleaning its bottom more than usual, this may be due to itching caused by a worm infestation.
- Hard to spot symptoms - Symptoms of worms are often hard to spot in both cats and dogs, making a regular worming regime important.
To keep your pets free from these nasty parasites, we recommend you worm your cat
or dog every 3 months.
What is the lifecycle of Roundworms
If roundworms are left untreated, roundworms can be especially nasty, making their way through the intestines, before migrating into the blood and into the lungs, where they burrow through the lung wall.
Pop in and speak to a Scampers Pet Care Advisor about worming your dog using vet strength WormClear (same active ingredients as Drontal).
Scampers Natural Pet Store is located on the A142 Soham By Pass, between Ely and Newmarket and only 15 miles from Cambridge.
Scampers, Your Pet’s Natural Choice
More Healthcare - All things great and small. Articles:
- Dieting Dogs
Our motto at Scampers is that you should ‘feed the dog...
- The FURminator
The FURminator deShedding Tool is guaranteed to reduce she...
Syno-Vital -Veterinary Strength Liquid Feed Suppl...
Your dog's diet can directly affect how healthy they lo...
View all Healthcare - All things great and small. Articles